Monday, November 4, 2013

Letter F

 Welcome to another wonderful week of preschool!

This week we learned all about the letter F, the number 6, and the color yellow. Our Bible verse was "For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self discipline." 2 Timothy 1:7

We also learned all about fish. We also learned that fish breath through the gills they have on the sides of their heads. The books we read included The Rainbow Fish by Marcus Pfister, Sophie's Fish by A.C. Cannon, and Fish by Helen Frost. We also had a few books about foxes including, Fox in Socks by Dr. Seuss and Rosie's Walk by Pat Hutchins.

The Little Princess made a fish bowl using clear contact paper. I cut out a fishbowl for her to color, then placed it onto the sticky side of the contact paper. I then gave her seaweed and fish that I had cut out of construction paper and she stuck them on where she wanted them. Then she gave all the fish eyes and mouths with markers. When she was finished, I covered it all with another piece of clear contact paper and trimmed it up.

Here is her finished fish bowl. She decided that the fish with fins are sharks and the fish are trying to get away from the sharks.

This week we also made the capital letter F into a fox.

She also made a lower case f into a fish.

Here they are completed and hanging on the wall.

The Little Princess also painted her fs for her learning book.

I also allowed her to use glitter. I was a little wary of letting a three year old use glitter, but she did great. Of course I did not take my eyes of of her for a second while the glitter was out. After she glued the fish together, I put some glue where she told me to and she put glitter on it. She had a lot of fun. I may have to bring glitter out again. 

Here are her finished pages.

This week The Little Princess also painted her number six. We also discovered that there are six letters in The Little Princess's name. We looked through magazines to find the letters in her name. I cut them out and she glued them to her page.

Here are her finished pages. We made on with my name, which also happens to have six letters, since I have chosen not to show The Little Princess's real name here.

The Little Princess also learned all about the color yellow. She helped me find yellow things to cut out of magazines to glue to her page.


She also finger painted with yellow paint. She loves feeling the paint all over her hand.

Here are the finished pages.

 This week for our letter snack we had goldfish crackers. Sorry, no pictures of this one, but I have a feeling y'all know what they are. ;-)

Until next time!

2 comments:

  1. Jacqui, some glitter comes like spice bottles with the holes and I find that to make less of a mess. I bet you could save some spice bottles and use them, I'm going to try that, my shaky hands seems to not do well any more with glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bubba must be so jealous of the Princesses school work.

    ReplyDelete