Thursday, January 26, 2012

New Year, New Look

Hello to all of my wonderful readers! After taking some time off from blogging for the Holidays, potty training The Little Princess, and then battling pneumonia, I'M BACK!



Santa was good to us this year!

That's a drum she's sitting on.
I'll spare you a photo of me sick. Instead, here's a picture of Bubba.

He just lost his first tooth!
I realize it's January 26th and it's quite a bit late to start talking about New Year's resolutions, but (and as my father says, "but" means forget everything I just said) I'm going to give you my two cents about New Year's resolutions. Personally, I never make them. Perhaps it the passive aggressiveness in me, but I'm not going to make a plan to change my life just because everyone else is. Besides, from what I've seen people who change their life based on the date on the calendar rarely hold to those goals. If you are one of the few who are still following through with your resolution, Great Job! You have more will power than most of the world. I prefer to wait until I am ready for a change, then I actually follow through. (I'll get off my soap box now.)
That being said (isn't that a fancy way of saying "but" and we've already discussed what "but" means), I did  a lot of research while I was sick on blogs and decided it was time to update my look. What do you think? I like it.

Now earlier I did say that today was January 26th, right? That means today is a very special day. After all January is a very special month. It is National Mentoring Month, National Thyroid Disease Awareness Month, National Birth Defects Prevention Month, National Stalking Awareness Month, Geek Appreciation Month, and many, many more. But most importantly, it is the month I chose to get married. Today just happens to be my husband and my tenth anniversary! Ten years being married to the most wonderful man in the world.

Ten years ago today.
I knew he truely loved me when I picked our wedding date and we booked everything before he told me that the weekend I chose happened to be Super Bowl Sunday! Then, his Pats were in the the Big Game! He didn't even ask to watch the game! (To all other football widows out there, you know that is love!) In ten years, while I haven't learned to love football, I have watched many games and this year the Pats are once again are going to the Super Bowl. Perhaps this means they will win again?
Wow! What a post, New Year's resolutions, the definition of "but," my wedding anniversary and the Super Bowl all in one post. Wait ~ no crafts? I thought you were the Crafty Princess? Well, yes, I am. BUT, occasionally I hope you will indulge me in a run on sentence, tangent filled blog post! More crafts to come, I promise!

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment